Monday 28 March 2011

My first 'back-to-back' weekend

As the more observant among you may have realised, my promise of on-the-road updates over the weekend failed to materialise.  I did try, but it must have got lost somewhere in the technosphere.  I'm planning on updating via my phone on the trip itself, so I'll need to iron these issues out sooner rather than later...


Both weekend rides went well, and I'm delighted to report that I managed to get through a total of 68 miles without injuring myself, wimping out or vowing never to ride a bike again.  Progress indeed!  The clocks going forward made getting out of bed on Sunday morning all the more excruciating, but once I got out on the road I actually felt pretty pleased with myself!  The promise of Scotland vs Brazil and a Sunday roast always helps too (especially when you can smell it wafting out of pubs and restaurants as you cycle past).


I'm planning a slightly longer 46 mile ride this coming Saturday.  The plan is to continue building up the distances as the training weekend approaches (1 month to go!).  I also get paid this week, which will enable me to purchase the rest of the kit I'll need.  My only quandary is my choice of pannier bags, so any reviews/suggestions are welcomed as always.


I'll leave you with the photos that were meant to be in the on-the-road update yesterday.


Cheers for now!

Looking down on Lennoxtown from the Crow Road.



Looking West towards the hills around Loch Lomond (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment