Friday 25 March 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

I just know I'm going to regret that blog title when the weather reverts to p**sing it down tomorrow.... 


But for today at least we do seem to be clear of all the crap weather that has kept me off the roads all winter.  The season for shorts, beer gardens and t-shirt sun tans is upon us, exactly 3 months from the start of our LEJOG!


That brings me to the first order of business for today's post: training.  This weekend will be the first time I've attempted back-to-back rides on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm starting off with a double-header of the 34 mile route I mentioned in the last blog.  I don't anticipate the mileages being an issue, it's how my back and derriere will cope with two consecutive days in the saddle that has me worried.  My lower back in particular has been giving me a bit of grief towards the end of my last few training rides, leading me to wonder if my riding position is maybe a bit off (answers/suggestions on a postcard).  I'll also be experimenting with posting blog entries from my phone this weekend.  Good luck everyone...


As some of you will be aware, myself and Malc 'officially' launched our fundraising push earlier this week.  The support we've had so far has been great, and we'd both like to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who has donated so far.  It feels good to finally get going with the fundraising element of the trip, and I think the fact that people have actually put their hands in their pockets has made it all a bit more real for both of us.  It should help propel me up the Crow Road this weekend, so thanks!  Check out our Just Giving page, where you can sponsor us and find out more about our chosen charity, the Highland Hospice.  The next step for us is to find some jersey sponsors.  We will begin the search by approaching various Inverness based companies next week, but if you know of any organisations or businesses anywhere in the UK that may be interested please do get in touch!


That's it for now folks.  Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine... while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment